This Supercool Session was recorded live on Thursday 16 June 2022
Supercool's Strategy Director Kate Mroczkowski is joined by Caspian Turner of Accessible By Design.
A hot topic in many of the user focus groups Caspian’s led recently is the accessibility of digital What’s On and Calendar listings. So, what can be done to improve the browsing experience for people who use assistive tech? (As well as those who don’t!)
Caspian Turner is a Digital Accessibility Specialist and founder of Accessible by Design.
He's worked in the arts and technology sectors for nearly 15 years. His
wide-ranging experience covers ticketing, customer service, and IT
roles in-house, and working for sector service providers on everything
from purchase path implementations to strategic consultancy.
Caspian is a member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals and an accredited Web Accessibility Specialist.
- Marketing / Audience Development Officers and Managers
- Digital Marketing teams
- Anyone who creates digital content for your organisation
In the session you'll learn:
- A bit about digital accessibility in general
- Common accessibility pitfalls on event listing pages
- What information to include, to help improve the browsing experience – for everyone!