This Supercool Session was recorded live on Thursday 27 May 2021
Georgina has kindly provided her presentation as a PDF:
Guest speaker Georgina Brooke from One Further explains the practical steps you'll want to go through to implement a new content strategy across a multi-faceted organisation; covering the four elements of content strategy – substance, structure, workflow, and governance.
Georgina Brooke is a Content Strategist who has recently joined One Further to help clients use content to achieve their organisational aims. Previously, she was at National Museums Scotland, managing the team responsible for their website, blog, social media channels, and the overarching content strategy.
Before that, Georgina worked as Project Lead and Web Content Manager at the Ashmolean Museum and was responsible for re-envisaging and relaunching their website. This involved leading a large user research project, auditing existing content, and developing a new content strategy.
Georgina is also a member of the Museum Computer Group executive committee, and frequently writes about the intersection of culture and digital.
- Marketing / Audience Development Managers and Directors
- Digital Marketing teams
- Anyone who creates digital content for your organisation
The session covers:
- Researching user needs, and how to formalise these into user stories
- Managing the content development process with teams not used to thinking of 'content' outside the confines of a Word document
- How to integrate a new content strategy within an existing staff force
- Example policies and training to allow individual teams to own and develop content in a way that's in-keeping with website best practice, and the stylistic principles of your website