Hi, we're Supercool. We craft websites and digital strategies that make life easier for some of the UK's leading arts, cultural and heritage organisations – and your audiences.
It’s our responsibility to be as environmentally responsible and sustainable as possible – in terms of both what we build for our clients, and how we run the business. We're a Climate Positive Workforce, plant trees for every website we launch – and are always looking for ways to be greener.
Resources to help you to think about, and take practical action on, sustainability:
- 30 March 2022
Sustainability Update + 2022 Action Plan
- 15 March 2022
The mysteries of 'green hosting'
- 15 February 2022
Carbon Footprint Update – 2022
- 16 December 2021
Taking action on climate change – on stage, off stage and online
- 3 December 2021
Supercool Sessions #5: Using 'page weight' to reduce your website's carbon footprint
- 3 August 2021
Sustainable content creation tips
- 22 June 2021
Sustainable coding and hosting tips
- 22 April 2021
Sustainable web design tips
- 16 December 2020
Supercool’s Sustainability Pledge 2021
- 21 October 2021
How to make a Sustainability Pledge
Includes downloads 'Sustainability Action Plan' and 'Greening Production Practices'
Standards for making productions sustainably, making theatre buildings sustainable, and improving operations
Brilliant folks, who can help you work out your carbon footprint, and adapt to be more sustainable
Other useful/interesting things:
- A search engine that plants a tree for every search – ecosia.org
- Personal and business carbon offsetting – ecologi.com
- A UK-wide cultural programme inspiring urgent and inclusive action on climate change – seasonforchange.org.uk
- A global community of arts and cultural champions declaring a climate and ecological emergency – culturedeclares.org
- What's your website's carbon footprint? – websitecarbon.com
- Chichester Festival Theatre's pilot travel-offsetting scheme – planting trees with audiences
- Eden Court, Scotland's largest combined arts organisation has declared a climate emergency – eden-court.co.uk/climate-crisis
- Read about HOME's sustainable procurement, programming … and their bees – homemcr.org/about/sustainability
- This book includes loads of practical hints and tips for digital sustainability – Sustainable Web Design by Tom Greenwood
- In this video, Tim Frick explains how the effects, as well as potential solutions, of our ever-more digital way of life – Sustainability And The Web: Are We Tweeting Our Way To A Warmer Planet?
As well as planting trees in the UK for every new website project, Supercool is a Climate Positive Workforce – offsetting our carbon footprint by planting trees in Madagascar, Kenya, and Uganda. Keep an eye on our progress:
You'll get: a monthly newsletter featuring handy articles, sector news, and tech innovations, PLUS invitations to our FREE events – covering digital hot topics in arts, culture and heritage